These resources provide opportunities to expand your own learning and growth as an anti-bias/anti-racist educator. There are tools to assess, reflect upon, and enhance your practice, your classroom environment, and your understanding of the children and families you serve.
Educator/Adult Development Reflection Tool
Reflecting on Anti-Bias Education in Action: The Early Years, film
Tools for Evaluating Classroom Materials and Books
Student and Family Interview/Questionnaire Prompts
This questionnaire is one tool to help us learn more about, better understand, and celebrate your child’s unique and family-rooted ways of being.
Early Childhood Anti-bias/Anti-racist Books
- Anti-Bias Education for Young Children and Ourselves – Louise Derman-Sparks, Julie Olsen Edwards, Catherine M. Goins (2020)
- Spotlight on Young Children: Equity & Diversity – NAEYC (2020)
- Each and Every Child: Teaching Preschool with an Equity Lens – NAEYC, S. Friedman & A. Mwenelupembe (2020)
- Don’t Look Away: Embracing Anti-Bias Classrooms – Iruka, Curenton, Durden, & Escayg (2020)
- Leading Anti-Bias Early Childhood Programs – L. Derman-Sparks, D. LeeKeenon, J. Nimmo (2015)
- No More Culturally Irrelevant Teaching – M. Souto-Manning, C. Lugo Llerena, J. Martell, A. Sals Maguire, A. Arce-Boardman (2018)